CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Leelou Blogs

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finally a card




Hi,


I've just popped on here to post a card I want to enter into two challenges. Over at Allsorts they are celebrating their first birthday with a blog hop and challenge to make a birthday card. There are many fab prizes on offer, so go and have a look!


This card is also for Sir Stampalot challenge which this month is butterflies and blossoms and the prize is a huge stash of Tim Holtz goodies.


Anyway, to the card. I saw this technique in a craft mag about a year ago and stashed it in my brain for future use. I've used a wonderful dimension fourth stamp my Mum brought me when she came to visit. I stamped it once with no colour and then coloured another in and cut part of it to stick on with 3D foam pads. I then cut out the flower again and used glossy accents for the centre. I have used a glimmer mist background with paper from the KandCo Amy Butler range. The butterfly is a kaisercraft stamp.


Now I'm off to go places with my parents again.

12 comments:

Fleur said...

Hi Fab card, love the colours & that butterfly is gorgeous. Thanks for joining ALLSORTS & good luck Hugz Fleur xXx

Cambiel said...

Such a pretty card Nikki, and a very effective technique to make the image pop like that. gorgeous butterfly too. Hope you are having fun taking your parents out and about xx

Jules said...

Hi Nikki

A lovely card - those flowers are gorgeous as is your background.

Sounds like you are having fun with your parents - I hope you are keeping well.

Love Jules xx

brenda said...

Morning Nikki

So nice to see you again, I was thinking about you the other day but rememebered your parents were visiting.

Your card has a real fee of sophistication about it (that looks odd but spell check say's it's right apparently)and the soft deilicate colours are perfect for the theme.

Thank you so mcuh for sharing with us at our Allsrots Birthday celebrations and Stampalot challenges.

Keep well.

B

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Nikki well what a beauty this is I love how you have layered that middle part of that gorgeous image and the butterfly I am loving this thank you so much for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot
Hugs
Lorraine x

Mummylade said...

beautiful card. Thank you for joining in our Allsorts celebration this week. Good luck!

Francesca said...

Fantastic card,with wonderful dimension ,
Thanks for Joining us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

PinksyDoodles said...

This is fabulous. I love how you have raised the middle of the image.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

Hi - nice to have seen you on my blog - your card is so pretty and I adore the white rose you have used to embellish it. Good luck with the challenges - Michelle

chris said...

Hi there Nikki
wow such a pretty card and so beautifully unusual, love it very much.
thanks for popping by to see me hugs chris xx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Nikki, love the technique you've used and the stamp is gorgeous
hugs Mandy xx

Mandy said...

A lovely card Nikki, love the image and the layout of the card.
Mandy xx