CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Coffee and flowers



Hi all,
I hope you are having a good week. Yesterday, Daisy's preschool had a sponsored bike ride to raise some money for new equipment. It was a gorgeous day and all the children had a wonderful time. Most of the children took thier own bikes (Daisy had to borrow one as hers is still in a boat somewhere!), but I couldn't quite believe how competetive parents can be over if their child has stabilisers or not. Daisy uses them and will be for a while (she's only 4) and I don't quite see the need to pressure her off them.
I have two cards to share today. The digis are from a new digi shop - Jens Digi Stamps. The first card (above) uses a wonderful image called Need more coffee. I love this image and look like this minus the curlers until I've had a caffeine hit. I went for coffee coloured papers and the flowers are by prima and wild orchid.

The next card uses Girl dressed as a butterfly. I thought this little sweetie needed a flower to sit on, so I used magazine freebie papers made by Fancy Pants and cut some petals. I would like to enter this into Digital Tuesday challenge - Flower Power.
Jen is having a DT call , she is looking for Design Team Members. She would like someone who loves working with digital stamps, has an active blog, (posting at least once a week), good colouring and photography skills, able to take part in group challenges and blog hops to promote the release of new images etc. No DT experience is necessary. Please send her an email at jenniferbrhel@oh.rr.com with your blog address, a little about yourself and 3 images of your favorite creations you have done.



6 comments:

Kylie said...

Gorgeous cards Nikki - I can really relate to the top image (no curlers here either though) lol!

I love these images - methinks I may have to get me some :o)

I can't believe any adult would be pressuring a 4 year old child to lose their training wheels ... that's NUTS, pure & simple. They're not babies for long so why push them to be older than they really are? Anyway, that's my thoughts on silly competitive parents lol!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun card! i love your brown flower! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

pinky said...

I love both your cards Nikki, cute little images, love the big slippers in the first one lol. I know only too well how competition parents can get having worked in a nursery school for 13 years!!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Nikki these images sure made me smile they are super so are the colours and designs, great stuff.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards Nikki, both fab designs espesh the flower on the 2nd card oh and I love the rollers on the 1st card...such fun :) Donna x

Mary J said...

Hello Nikki honey! This is such a fun sweet card! Love both makes!

Hope you have a lvoely weekend lined up!