CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Leelou Blogs

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I have finally used some snippets!


Hi all,

I hope you have been enjoying your weekend. Today, we went to a birthday party in the local park of one of Daisy's friends whose parents are also good friends of ours. The sun was shining and it was a fab day. Then, I managed to go to a craft fair about 30 minutes drive away. Daisy wanted to come too, but I thought she would get bored, so I went first and hubby took the girls to a nearby farm and then delivered Daisy to me later so she could have a look around. She decided she wanted some beaads, so chose them herself and has already threaded some onto elastic to make a necklace. I didn't go too mad, but bought some wonderful stamps from stampscapes and I can't wait to have time to use them.

Anyway, the lovely Jules has set herself a personal challenge to use up some scraps (or snippets as she calls them) and so only uses snippets to make cards on a Sunday. I've been meaning to play along for a while as I have so many snippets but I have only just found the time to do so. So, all of these papers and cards are snippets, as is the lace. The digi image is by Digistamp boutique, called Shelly and cake and I love it, but haven't used it before. I distressed the papers and paper pieced the spots on the shell. I did think I might lose some of the scraps in the printer. Over at the Creative Card crew challenge the theme is no flowers, so I thought it would be a challenge to do a girly card with no flowers, but I think I did okay.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable card and such a pretty choice of papers...this image is one of my all time favs :) Donna x

Mary J said...

Really sweet! I love the layout and the colours!

Hope you are having a nice weekend honey!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Nik! Love this card and that you used up scraps and snippets!

Such a good thing to do!

Sounds like you've had a great weekend! Can't wait to see what you do wtih the new stamps!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Nikki
A gorgeous card,
hugs Dianne xx :)

Mandy said...

Aww this is so cute Nikki, fab idea to use up scraps, and how lovely that Daisy wants to go to craft fairs with you
hugs Mandy xx

Jules said...

Hi Nikki

What a great make .. .. so pleased you have enjoyed playing along.

Quite a challenge .. .. a girly card with no flowers AND snippets LOL!!!

Great image and lots of lovely sparkle.

I enjoy my Sunday creations. It makes me think differently to how I do all the rest of the week.

Pleased you enjoyed the craft fair and that Daisy got to join you. I can see some lovely crafty outings and "make sessions" happening as your girls grow. How lovely!!

Thanks again for sharing Nikki.

Love Jules xx