CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Leelou Blogs

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My 15 minutes of fame?




Hi all,
I hope you are having a good weekend. After Martha recovered from her bug, Daisy got it, so I spent all of Friday trying to keep her sat on the sofa to recover, but as soon as she felt a little better she wanted to be up doing things. She isn't one to loaf in front of the TV all day, but I actually wished she was yesterday so she could recover completely. She seems to be better today, which is good.
On Wednesday, Daisy went to her dance class and I went to have a coffee with a friend and Martha while we waited. Anyway, a film crew approached me to interview me about the government's new idea to publish information about possible GM food in baby and child food. Well, I knew nothing about it, but managed to to talk about it for a while! So, Martha and I might be on our local news and current affairs programme soon. Hubby is now watching it every night and I am desperately trying to avoid it.
Onto my make, at Stamp Fairy this week the theme is anything but a card. I decided to make a popcorn style box with a handle to give Daisy for Easter with a couple of eggs in. The front and back are decorated the same. The images are Easter Clementine from Stamp Fairy. I love this cute bunny! I pleated ribbon around the images to frame them. The daisy paper is by Allison Ellis design. I also made a tag which has a homemade lace flower on it. I really enjoyed making it and will now have to come up with a little Easter box to hold a soft toy for Martha as Daisy has a great sense of fairness and will want Martha to have something if she has eggs.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is awesome, love the lace flower and papers, and the images are so adorable!!!

Enjoy the weekend!

karen said...

oh so sweet, glad your girls are feeling better, hugs, Karen x

Donna said...

Ooooh this is gorgeous and the bright cheery spring papers are perfect :) Donna x

ThePurplePlace said...

Awww! This is super cute and a a wonderful idea! I love how you used two different Clementine images for different areas on your Popcorn Bag. Now, for some reason I am craving popcorn and think I may have to make myself some for a little treat this afternoon.

Thanks so much for taking the time to create this fun project and taking part in our challenge!

I wish you good luck and was happy to read your that little ones are feeling better!!

Good Luck !!
Lis

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Love the image and the sunny colours!
Well done you for managing to talk to the film crew, I think I would either have clammed up or babbled like a mad woman!
Linds x

pinky said...

Can I have your autograph!! lol. Love your creation for StampFairy this week Nikki,they are absolutely gorgeous. Love the sunny colours. Thanks for playing along at StampFairy this week.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

So cute! just perfect for Daisy's Easter eggs, Thanks for playing with us at Stampfairy Challenge this week, Samantha :0)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Nikki this is super such a beautiful colour and a great project loving that image of Clementine thank you for joining us this week at Stamp Fairy.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Carissa said...

Such a cute little basket, so perfect for Easter. Thanks for playing on the StampFairy Challenge this week. Carissa :)

Sharon Basel said...

What a charming basket all decked out for Easter. I can just imagine it overflowing with chocolate! Great job incorporating the StampFairy images - thanks for that. I'm so glad you entered the challenge this week at StampFairy.
Sharon, SF-DT